I have multiple sprints open as I do initial high level planning - can i sort the order in which the sprints are displayed in the Plan view of my agile board?
Hi Wendy
It will depend on the JIRA Agile version you are running, but in the last versions you just need to click on it and drag up or down.
Hope it helps,
Ricardo Carracedo.
Thank you Ricardo. I am on 6.1.4 and can't seem to get it to work. What is the version I need to be on?
Thanks!
wendy
I concur. With Atlassian On-Demand, I cannot do so either. That would be helpful though.
We are currently running under version 6.2 and this feature does not seem to be available. Could you please specify from which version the feature should be available, and assuming it is available in 6.2, what specifically must be done to re-order sprints?
Currently, items inside of sprints can be dragged at will, and right clicking these issues bring up a context menu for the issues. There seems to be no such thing for the "sprint containers" , no dragging, no right-clicking.
The only trick I know of right now is to create new sprints (that go all the way down), rename current sprints and then use batch operations on issues to move the sprints around. It's... a painful process.
Note: This has been tested on IE8 and IE9 and Chrome 33.0.1750
Not sure if this helps, but once you have created a sprint, you can edit the start and finish dates.
This then drives how the sprints are sorted.
Note that this only works for sprints that are "Started", so may not be useful in your case.
As best I can tell, the sprints aren't sorted by start or end date. I can't really tell how they are sorted. I've logged GHS-10941 to see if we can get the sprints sorted by ending date.
Thank you Joe!!
Has anyone logged a bug for this or feature request in relation to AOD (on Demand product) so I can vote this up.
The ability to reorder or reorganise sprints was shipped in JIRA Agile 6.6.11, please see the release notes at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AGILE/JIRA+Agile+6.6.11+Release+Notes or documentation at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AGILE/Editing+or+Reordering+a+Sprint#EditingorReorderingaSprint-Reorderingasprint The feature was tracked in issue https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-6131 and was resolved on 03/Nov/14.
Based on the notes, this is if a sprint hasn't been started. We had this happen on a started sprint. No idea why new one is inserted between sprints from 4 mths ago.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.