I have been using Sourcetree, Git & Bitbucket for years. Lately, when I try to push a change, Sourcetree displays a popup 'Atlassian - Login to your account' It correctly displays my username and I enter my password. The popup disappears, then reappears a few seconds later. I am using the latest version on Sourcetree (2.6.10.0) and an embedded version of Git (just updated to 2.17.1) but same error occurs with non-embedded Git. I have reset Atlassian password and I can access Bitbucket using my password, the same password which fails in Sourcetree! If the push proceeds, I get the error below. Any help greatly appreciated. Many thanks Rob.
Push error:
git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false --no-optional-locks -c credential.helper= -c credential.helper="C:/Users/Rob/AppData/Local/ATLASS~1/SOURCE~1/GIT_EX~1/GIT-CR~1.EXE" push -v --tags zzz develop:develop
fatal: HttpRequestException encountered.
An error occurred while sending the request.
remote: Invalid username or password
fatal: Authentication failed for 'https://xxx@bitbucket.org/xxx/zzz.git/'
Pushing to https://xxx@bitbucket.org/xxx/zzz.git
Completed with errors, see above.