Hello,
I am trying to use BigPicture with my Trello board, but I am finding it challenging. I have a number of tasks that are frequently repeated, so I have set up checklists in Butler. I choose a checklist, it automatically creates items with linked cards. Then I assign those tasks to teams by moving the cards into different lists. We frequently repeat the same sorts of tasks, but we do them to different projects. All of the child cards using the same butler-generated checklist have the same name for the same type of task. I mark them with the same labels, depending on the needs of the task. When I open BigPicture, I have no way of differentiating which project each identically named task goes to. It makes it impossible to see what is happening and to set dependencies.
We are actually producing physical goods. Each set of tasks is associated with a work order, and a material color/type. On the BigPicture chart screen, I have to be able to differentiate between work orders and between material colors within the work order, or I can't set dependencies that make sense. In Trello, I have set up a custom field for the work order number, and a second custom field for the material/Color. This whole problem would be solved for me if I could tell Big Picture to give me those custom fields as columns. Ideally I would be able to set it up so I can see: List, Title, Due Date, Custom Field Invoice #, Custom Field Material, and Status. Is there a way to customize the columns to get rid of what I don't need and add what I do?
I thought I might be able to find a work-around by ordering the cards in the trello list in the order that the tasks need to be completed, but I seem to only be able to sort within each list by alphabetical order, which turns into a garbled mess. At the very least, is there an option to sort by the trello card order?
Lastly, how do I get the archived cards off of the BigPicture chart?
Unfortunately, In digging further I realized that I can’t break whole days down into hours or minutes, which means even if these other issues turned out to be fixable, it still won’t be useful for me. Tasks take less than an entire day.
Thank you!