I use the desktop app for Trello on the Mac. There is the option "Badge on Dock Icon" in the preference. I switched that on. But I do not see a red badge. Never. I would like to have a red badge when one of the cards (maybe cards with my name on it) has a due date which is overdue. So when I have 7 overdue cards the badge would show 7. I this possible?
@Martin Nitsche you may still need to enable it in the OSX preferences as well as Trello preferences:
Thanks, @Iain Dooley for the idea, but they are activated. The problem must be somewhere else...
@Martin Nitsche well, when I have that enabled and I receive a new notification, I see the badge app icon go red in the dock until I view the app, but it goes away even if I don't read the notification.
You receive a notification 24 hours prior to a due date on a card to which you are subscribed/watching, so maybe it's just that the timing of it is such that, at the time those notifications are received, you're looking at the app and therefore never see the badge.
OK, Iain, maybe I understood the whole concept of the badge wrong. My idea would be, that it should work like let's say the badge on reminders on Mac: The badge shows the number of overdue tasks. If I understand you right, Trello use it in a different way, not the number of overdue tasks but as a copy of the notification in their app/on their website. This is not what I want/need, but I fear there is no way to change that behavior (beside someone from Trello reads this and changes the programming of the app). But thanks for your help!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.