Hi,
I have installed:
- com.atlassian.connector.eclipse.feature.group (3.0.2.v20111010)
- com.atlassian.connector.eclipse.jira.feature.group (3.0.2.v20111010)
Everything works fine in my Eclipse.
I am developing my own Eclipse plugin (PDE). When testing it, it seems that the second instance of Eclipse tries to start a server on the same port that the one used by the main Eclipse. When I start my test (i.e. start a second instance of Eclipse) I get the following stack trace in my main Eclipse console:
!ENTRY com.atlassian.connector.eclipse.directclickthrough.ui 1 0 2012-03-15 15:32:58.808
!MESSAGE Unable to run embedded web server, Direct Click Through will not be available
!STACK 0
java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketBind(Native Method)
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.bind(PlainSocketImpl.java:383)
at java.net.ServerSocket.bind(ServerSocket.java:328)
at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(ServerSocket.java:194)
at org.mortbay.jetty.bio.SocketConnector.newServerSocket(SocketConnector.java:80)
at org.mortbay.jetty.bio.SocketConnector.open(SocketConnector.java:73)
at org.mortbay.jetty.AbstractConnector.doStart(AbstractConnector.java:283)
at org.mortbay.jetty.bio.SocketConnector.doStart(SocketConnector.java:147)
at org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:50)
at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.doStart(Server.java:235)
at org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:50)
at com.atlassian.connector.eclipse.internal.directclickthrough.ui.DirectClickThroughUiPlugin$2.runImpl(DirectClickThroughUiPlugin.java:90)
at com.atlassian.connector.eclipse.internal.core.jobs.JobWithStatus.run(JobWithStatus.java:50)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)
I don't know why you need to start a server, but could you update your code to catch this exception and deal with it ? This exception prevents me automated test to run. If you cannot avoid this exception, I will have to uninstall your plugins in order to carry on...
Thanks.