When trying to setup Bamboo to connect to our GIT repo, I receive the following error
fatal: unable to access 'https://xxxxxx:8443/scm/xxxx/xxxx.git/': SSL certificate problem: self signed certificate
We do use a selfsigned cert, however in bitbucket I was able to fix that with the keytool and adding the cert to bitbucket. How can I fix this in bamboo?
Hello Nelson,
You will need to add the public certificate in Bamboo if you didn't do it yet and add the reference to cacerts in the git configuration.The same problem is described here: Unable to clone Git repository due to self signed certificate - Atlassian Documentation. This document is for Fisheye, but the same procedure should fix Bamboo as well.
I did try using that app and exported the bitbucket pem then imported it into my cacerts but still have the same issue.
Some useful questions to more forward:
Responses in order. Just so you know, my issue is within bitbucket site and bamboo site when trying to link repositories.
I believe i have added the public into the CACerts using the portecle app.
Not sure what you mean by GIT as a capability
No, didnt no i had to?
Yes
I ran the following if thats what you mean.
<span>git</span> config --global http.sslVerify <span>false</span>
Assuming Bamboo have no truststore configured it should use cacerts from JAVA to get the public certificates.
Bamboo will use JGIT (a Java embedded client of git) instead of GIT from your terminal. As a consequence the configuration to avoid the SSL Verification will not take effect.
This is our doc on how to configure it: Defining a new version control capability - Atlassian documentation.
No, didn't no i had to?
You don't need to do it, but it would be a good test to check if the problem is related to the GIT client used by Bamboo and the server environment variables loaded so far.
Good to know, that at least make sense if your configuration has already http.sslVerify option set to false.
http.sslVerify
Yes, that is what I was talking about.Please share
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.