I know this question is everywhere online and almost everywhere has the solution, but each time I try a different solution I lose my work when switching branches or something. I figure this may be from the differences in command line vs. sourcetree's UI. Can someone help me with this scenario?
What I want to do: move the master to the head, delete the throwaway branch.
I don't care if the commits on the master branch are deleted.
https://gyazo.com/40b19c085f49132889964c1e6460352e
I made some changes to the project I was working on awhile back, but then decided I wanted to revert those changes. So I was left with the master a few commits up, and then I made a new commit after checking out the commit where the branch starts. What I wanted to do was move the master to the head, but some solutions require checking out master and making a new branch. I did just that, making a new branch called throwaway, but ironically that threw away my commit where the head is - not sure why. So now I am stuck with the throwaway branch there, and no progress toward moving master -> head.
Thanks a lot!