I inherited an application running crystal reports under VS2008, vb.net and Crystal worked just fine. When I compiled it under Windows 10 would work in development environment, but when published would fail at "SetDataSource(<dataTable>)" - there were no errors at all; it would just hang there forever. I spun my wheels until I decided to compile it under 2017. Under VS 2017 I actually got errors which enabled me to get past it and eventually get them to work. So I ran a few reports and all seemed to work well. I compiled and released to Production.
When released, several users had reports fail. Not all were failing; just some. After investigating I noticed the repors with "subreports" were failing. The simple ones worked. So I go back to the drawing board and find that those reports were failing at "Report.Export()" which is where I exported them to PDF. I also tried using Report.ExportToDisk() but same result. It will just hang there.
Yesterday I upgraded the Crystal Reports Project from Version 9 to the latest 2016 SAP for Visual Studio. Now I'm getting: "Failed to open the connection." & vbLf & "cb16d5b5-5c63-4d1e-a283-afb5bd1680b9 22412_10788_{0A17A498-33DA-4397-A8DA-E6094A6DB8DA}.rpt" & vbLf & "Details: [Database Vendor Code: 17 ]"
That's where I'm currently at. Any input would be appreciated.
Thank you.