Writer's note: this is a largely US-centric post (sorry friends in other places) Please read to the bottom though, because I want to hear about YOUR experiences with voting!
The midterms are upon us for a large portion of the United States. And while we tend to see more voters turn out during presidential elections, local elections arguably play a more pivotal role in our lives.
I don't want to focus too much on the literal elephant in the room.
However!
I DO want to take today to encourage folks, no matter your political affiliation, to get out to your nearest polling place and vote.
I think my generation is fighting a battle with complacency. Right at this moment you may think that there's no way that we can affect change on the world. You're dead wrong. If you fall for the rhetoric that your vote doesn't matter - you've already lost.
1. Voting is FAST
I sat down with my husband on Friday evening and we went through all of our local propositions - covering everything from water conservation to whether or not our state should consider doing away with daylight savings time. All told - it cost us about an hour. Time well-spent in my opinion and ensures that I am participating in a process that will leave my children (hopefully) a better world.
2. Voting in most places is taken as paid time off
Visit https://aflcio.org/2016/11/5/know-your-rights-state-laws-employee-time-vote to research individual laws in your area
3. Bragging rights
Maybe there aren't as many bragging rights as I'm leading you to believe, but don't I look cool with my fancy sticker?

Please share your I Voted selfies below and give me your thoughts and reflections on the political process in your region! Have your experiences been positive? Do you feel like you can make an impact on a local or national level?