I'm trying to use Crowd to authenticate users using a local MAC application. In my first question, I wanted to know how I can authenticate the user, and this is resolved. I was told, that I should write a proxy web application, so that the application user and application password is not exposed in the MAC application.
See:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Crowd-questions/Atlassian-Crowd-Authentication-with-FAT-client/qaq-p/926346?utm_source=atlcomm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=solution_to_question&utm_content=topic
I have created a PHP script, which acts as proxy, however now I get an XSRF Check Failed 403 Forbidden message when sending a post to the API, even though the IP has been configured as valid.
I was reading through the documentation and found this:
How to call protected REST APIs from third party websites
It is not possible to call protected APIs from third party websites as this would pose a security risk.
So how can I write a proxy application, when Atlassian doesn't allow third party websites?
Thanks,
Chris