Hi everyone,
I waited for a while to actually post this but I would like to resolve the issues I am seeing once and for all since they are oh so frustrating!
I am facing the following problems so I am hoping the community knows what is causing this (I have seen similar threads around so not sure if its been resolved or pending):
- Sourcetree randomly locks whilst performing my actions. For example: I add my files for commit, it loads, all OK. I add some more files, I get a lock error. I need to manually remove the lock, and continue. Sometimes it throws another lock error, sometimes it doesnt. Sometimes it works for a long time before it locks up again. Is it because I am just clicking through the system too fast? Its really frustrating having to manually remove the lock file and then getting the lock file immediately after.
- Load times are really slow. When I add files to staging it can sometimes take up to 30 secs to a minute before they show up. Sometimes they do not show up at all and I have to restart Sourcetree to see them in the staging screen. I wonder if its because the staging screen does not refresh properly or there is a lag between ANT and the GUI ?
- Random freezing of Sourcetree. Our repository is fairly big but not super big that it should have difficulty listing a few files. I face a lot of random freezes though (not sure if related).
- Any way to disable the compare screen on the right? Sometimes I get the feeling thats the culprit as its quite slow on occasions.
Thanks in advance for your support!
Frank