I'm trying to connect to a remote Git repository, which is only accessible via authenticated SSH. SourceTree is unable to connect, always returning messages about failed authentication.
Upon reviewing the SSH logs on the server, the issue appears to be that SourceTree is sending the wrong username. Instead of sending the username I've entered, it always send my local username (my username, on my local Mac).
Here's a snippet of SSH logs from the Git server:
Sep 7 09:17:02 wuis7802 sshd 4153 : Invalid user davidsmithlocal from 1.2.3.4
Sep 7 09:17:02 wuis7802 sshd 4154 : input_userauth_request: invalid user davidsmithlocal
Sep 7 09:17:02 wuis7802 sshd 4153 : Failed none for invalid user davidsmithlocal from 1.2.3.4 port 50006 ssh2
Sep 7 09:17:02 wuis7802 sshd 4153 : Failed password for invalid user davidsmithlocal from 1.2.3.4 port 50006 ssh2
Sep 7 09:17:02 wuis7802 sshd 4153 : Failed password for invalid user davidsmithlocal from 1.2.3.4 port 50006 ssh2
Sep 7 09:17:02 wuis7802 sshd 4154 : Connection closed by 1.2.3.4
(I've changed my IP but nothing else. Yes, on my local machine, my user name actually is 'davidsmithlocal'. I didn't pick it...)
There will be several instances of the above, repeated, as SourceTree tries to log in several times before failing. This problem exists whether I try to log in using a normal user account, root, or a Windows domain account; all can log in via SSH normally.
This appears to be a bug. Any suggestions for a workaround, or ETA on a bugfix?