I'm facilitating of course with the diverse geographically dispersed group of participants. I'd like to use the board step by step basis. In other words, I have for each learning unit several steps, watch the videos, reading assignments, discuss the questions, exercise tasks and then a final submission by each participant for that unit. I am interested in having some way of knowing where each participant is at any given time. The two solutions I've explored are voting and custom fields. VOTING Voting seems like the simplest approach but I can't find any way of creating sort of label to indicate on the card that a person is expected to vote or create perhaps a young a button which will trigger this action. CUSTOM FIELDS The other Direction I explored was the creation of a checkbox for active participants in the course using custom Fields where each one would go in and check off that they had visited that card and completed that cards tasks. unfortunately despite having invested significant time and trying to figure out how to make this work I have totally failed and still don't understand how the hell custom feels is supposed to function. For my purpose please please please let me know. Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.