When I tried to renew my bamboo trial license this time, I got the following message:
The license key you entered was invalid.
I've already tried to change the bamboo.cfg.xml (license.string) value, encode the key, decode it, copy and paste from text files (in case of invisible characters) and erase the whole server and start a fresh new instance, unfortunately, nothing seems to work.
Analysing the Bamboo server logs, I can definitely see the following line when I try to update the license:
bamboo-server_1 | 2018-10-15 01:07:38,520 INFO [http-apr-8085-exec-1] [LicenseEditionPropertyTransformer] License type 'null' can not be resolved. This is a potentially corrupt license.
Which makes me believe that the type of server that is selected when we generate a key via the UI (https://my.atlassian.com/product) hasn't been populated properly. Furthermore, last time I generated a key, there were 2 options (cloud or on-premise bamboo servers) which I could generate the license key for, whereas now, on-premise is selected by default (Maybe that's the problem)?
I would appreciate any help.
Cheers,
Tiago.

