Like in Visual Studio, I would like if possible to relate my commits to bugs, tasks, etc. In Visual Studio is as easy as Add Work Item by ID from the Related Work Items section.
Hey Yadel,
I'm going to assume you're asking about Sourcetree, or at least about committing to a git repository like Bitbucket.
If you've got Bitbucket (or Github) connected to Jira, all you need to do is mention the Jira key (e.g. ABC-123) in your commit message and the rest will be taken care of for you by the Jira integration. It doesn't matter if you're using Sourcetree, Github Desktop, or even straight git-cli - as long as the issue key is in the commit message, it'll be linked.
To see more about connecting Jira to whichever source control you're using, check out these links:
Cheers,Daniel
You guessed right about SourceTree, and I'm committing to a Git repo in VSTS. One thing I have noticed is, when I do it in VS the comments for the commit display the work item Id with a #[Id]. I'm not sure if by doing so (manually entering #[Id]), will be enough.
It worked. By just adding #[Id] in the commit comments.
How about for Azure DevOps? I tried it as #[id] and it didn't work. Any ideas?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.