In one of my repos, when I check out my default branch, I see an .hgtags file there. But it disappears when I check out my develop branch. Is this a problem?
Hi.hgtags contains the global tag names. It is a version controlled file so it should be in your repository, but depending on when it was created vs the develop branch it is possible it is in one branch but not the other.
I imagine that if I add a tag to my develop branch, I will magically get a .hgtags file for that branch. I don't add tags to the develop branch, as a rule. Only to the default branch to track version numbers. But repositories where I *do* have an .hgtags file in develop, show it has only the initial commit version number tag in it, where the default branch .hgtags has all the tags I use for version numbers in default.
What would happen if I copy the .hgtags file I see in the default branch into my develop branch?
The reason I ask is that, because my develop branch lacks an .hgtags file, I always have to make sure that the last Push I do from my MacBook Pro is with a changeset in my develop branch. Otherwise when I do a Pull on my Mac Mini, I'm told that
hg cat' failed with code 1:'.hgtags: no such file in rev ...
Or should I just create a tag on my develop branch?
I see now why this happened, as you can see in the above image. I mistakenly created the develop branch BEFORE committing the initial tag creation. Will this Pull problem go away if I just add a tag to my most recent develop changeset?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.