Hi,
I am very new to this and am just about to set up my first Repository and have a few questions on best practice.
I am going to create a MASTER repository that contain all my source code (Oracle based), PL/SQL packages, table scripts, FNDLOAD items etc.
From this I want to create Projects, which are effectively bug fixes or enhancements to code. These projects will include code changes, UAT Testing, SIT Testing, AT Testing and finally released back to MASTER.
I'm thinking that for each 'Project' I simply create a separate repository off the MASTER repository which includes the code etc that needs changing.
From each of these Project Repositories I will create a separate Sub-Branch(?) for each of the testing cycles (which may require the code to be changed again).
Once all the testing cycles have been completed (and approved) the code can be pushed back to MASTER to be released.
Does this sound like the best way to do things or do you have any other suggestions.
Regards
Adrian