
Happy Tuesday Everyone!
While I was at Summit this year, I had the opportunity to try some Atlassian University Training classes on the Expo floor. They had two different ones they ran though the event, and they were about 20 minutes or so in length. It was a great way to expand on some of my Jira knowledge and gave me something I hoped to be able to bring back to you all at our of our meetings. Thinking that one of these might be a great topic and time amount to happen at an evening event.
It also gave me the opportunity to have a conversation with Amanda, who is part of the Atlassian University team, about my plan to bring these classes back to you all and she wanted to see if we could expand on this idea. After all of my travels this month, I was able to connect with her last week, and there has been much exciting discussion over on the Atlassian side, and they really want to involve us in this idea of Training to be presented at the AUGs! How cool is that?!
To get it all started though, we need to look at what you all think would be helpful and useful.
Here are some questions to think about and give me some feedback on:
What Topics and Features would you like to see training on?
Are there areas that are challenging to you that training would be helpful to alleviate?
Are there Products that you would like to see training in?
How long do you think a session should be?
20 minutes? - a Quick, one shot, here's how to do this specific thing. (this was the type offered at Summit)
30-45 minutes?
1 Hour?
We're going to be collecting feedback from you guys until Mid-Oct, so I'll be bringing this up at our Oct 9th meeting as well, but I'd like to get the conversation documented here on this thread, so it's easy for us to refer back to.