How come Trello has no official Nightmode?
It's not something that we currently offer. But I'll let our team know, that you would be interested in this.
Not only him -like everyone.
Hi! So is there any update on the Night mode / dark mode for Trello?
Nite Mode for Trello's Desktop and Mobile apps are even more needed than the web app.
It's been quite some time now since this feature was first requested. I think it's vital to let people work in night mode, because developers are a core userbase for trello, and we love dark or night modes universally. It would make your product so much easier on the eyes to use at night.
This feature is still really needed but in the meantime there is a Chrome extension called Trello Night that is helpful: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/trello-night/mfifmoklnkpndjjcalemaggldbicmkki?hl=en
I really need the app in dark mode I'm getting blind.... Can any one in trello's team help us out.... Thanks a lot friends
This is very much still needed. Please implement it soon!
Any update on this? You have gobs of money and resources under the atlassian umbrella and a hacker weekend's worth of hours could have completed this a long time ago. Please for the love of everything holy bring dark mode do the apps.
I was really hoping to be able to use the desktop app which I just discovered, but the web app is so much better to me because I use a chrome extension which turns everything into dark mode, including Trello. Unfortunately, I will have to continue to use the web app so for the safety of my eyes and my sanity. Please fix this my Trello dudes. This is way overdue
Please add dark mode or night mode not only for aesthetic reasons because it would just look cleaner and better, not just to actually fit in with all of the other Apps and the Operating System itself macOS, not just to save battery life on OLED screens because black/dark OLED displays save power and the environment by extension, BUT ALSO for health reasons. The glare of staring at bright backgrounds is very hard on the eyes.
Another voice requesting this. For Trello to be useful to me, it needs to have dark mode as the ideas I’m trying to capture often occur in the middle of the night. With dark mode apps i can capture the idea and go back to sleep within seconds. Without dark mode, I’m often awake for hours.
Going on two years since it was first requested. Need me to find you guys someone to write some custom CSS?
I can't understand how it is possible, to an easy to implement thing like a dark mode, to takes so long ... We really need it, as people said, is not about aesthetic, is also health care.
Please, listen to your customers.
Dark Mode is in the mobile apps from today (iOS, Android from 25.), so what about the main web platform? Any plans/decision/ETA Atlassian team?
Now that mobile is done... how about that desktop app. "Just use the web version" isn't an acceptable answer - there are reasons I prefer the app over the web version.
the browser version doesn't have a dark mode
Sure, not natively. but it's easily accomplished with a handful of extensions.
So bizarre that that this STILL has not been done yet. Oh well...
Ditto to everything above - LET US JOIN THE DARK SIDE OF THE TRELLO FORCE, PRETTY PLEASE.
Nightmode for PC please!! I use Vivaldi browser to present multiple Trello boards as a dashboard. Chrome Night Mode extension is of no use. Please fix this Trello.
I really WANT a dark mode for web. Where is it. I can't find it anywhere, and I am not installing some browser extension that then has read access to all my crap. I have to have sun glasses on to use this web sight out of the box. What am I paying for besides storage??? Nothing new that has come out has been remotely useful to me in the past year, at least dark mode will keep the visual peace in my cave like coding environment.
I was disappointed to read in the recent blog that the mobile apps have dark mode, however the web version does not. Surely there are on a magnitude of more users who use the web version, more frequently and for longer periods so that feature would have been more beneficial on the web version.
It's very disappointing that trello web application and desktop application has not been provided with the dark mode. Majority of the atlassian user base is developer and we developers seek nothing but a dark mode in every app we use when it comes to cosmetic aspect of it. It is not only about look and feel, but the health of our eyes too. So please, treat this as a high priority feature request. Just curious to know what is it taking you to make development on this front - lack of skilled resources (which I doubt), or anything else?
Please save our eyes. We need night/dark mode.
as an alternative you can use
userstyle addon modification
https://userstyles.org/styles/browse/trello
Like most of your users have said multiple times, we need night mode/dark mode Trello.Most of us developers spend a lot of time in front of screens, which on it's own can already be harmful to the human eye. However, light mode makes it even more aggressive.Dark mode not only is more aesthetically pleasing, but easier on the human eye.- Norberto A., just another developer voicing their opinion.
Incredible, thanks for the tip!
Dark mode for the Win 10 app... C'mon guys!! ;-)
What do we want ?Dark mode!!!111!one*
When do we want it?Naow!!
*On desktop (mac)
I'm looking forward to this feature.
Please developers hurry because I can't wait anymore.
They can do it like android app of Trello.
Absolutely right, I'm using desktop shortcuts specifically, so I'll continue using Trello's desktop app. Trello must have night mode for the Windows 10 app.
Please add dark mode for MacOS, the white screen is rough on the eyes after long use.
Wait for it, wait for it... After 2 years, it will surely be out in 5 when the new "sunrise mode" will become the norm :-)
No jokes, it's unbelievable how slow Atlassian is to make changes!
I use the App so there is still no solution for bringing dark mode and apparently, Trello/Atlassian's developers have never visited this Forum otherwise they would obviously move this to the top of the list of priorities.
I use the App so there is still no solution for bringing dark mode.Apparently, Trello/Atlassian's developers have never visited this Forum otherwise they would obviously move this to the top of the list of priorities.
The funniest part is that it's only a matter of changing a bunch of CSS values and it can be done programmatically. If Dark Reader extension can do it in an instant in the browser. The packaged desktop app can do the same.
Trello management and developers are lazy at best!
Having dark mode in the Trello app on Mac would be life-changing. I don't think they realize just how much time some of us spend in Trello. 😅
I agree, lets get Dark Mode moving please!
Perhaps if we post this as a complaint on your Facebook and Twitter pages, someone will notice?
Dark mode for Trello Desktop app for Mac. PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
agree!
We need Dark Mode for Trello Desktop App!!!!
Would like to have it too... Any news?
Piling on - We need this for the web app.
today, November 22nd, 2020, is there or is there not the dark mode for trello that I think people have been asking for for 2 years ?
I cancelled my Trello membership and posted the screenshot. I'm done waiting for dark mode.
That sounds like a good idea Boston
It’s one thing that it is still not implemented that bothers me, it’s that it’s not even in their roadmap.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.