I have integrated jira and confluence instances with crowd. Both applications are using crowd as their authentication mechnism(delegated ldap directory) . However none of confluence administators or jira administrators are able to login to crowd console(using ldap credentials). It gives an invalid login error and crowd log shows only 'user attempted to login with incorrect credentials' . I tried to do authentication test in directory section and it gave a successful verification message.
I found a n article which shows a similar issue https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CROWDKB/Can't+Log+Into+Crowd+SSO+Due+To+Invalid+Domain+Property
I set SSO domain to 'hostname' because my crowd link is http://hostname:8095/crowd. After the changes made, it did not let confluence/jira administrators log in using ldap credentials. It did not let admin also log in so i had to delete domain property from database.
Can someone please help me figure out as to why none of the users are able to login to crowd console using their confluence/jira credentials(ldap) ? (even though both are integrated with crowd)