Hi - I am BRAND NEW to both GIT and SourceTree I have decided to try and use sourcetree since its designed for beginners and I am not in a huge hurry to learn the console. My question is this: my project will require a .gitignore file because there are several folders that I need to not sync to avoid issue.
How do I create this with sourcetree? There doesnt seem to be a button to create a file and I cant figure out how to create a .ignorefile just using windows in general. All the tutorials I read say to use the console to create the file, but I dont see any git commands for source tree to create new files, only to push them, stage them, etc.
How can I create a .gitignore file, and edit its contents? I am open to a way to just do this in Windows or to use SourceTree if there is a way. Thanks~!