Happy Tuesday, everyone! For this week's Topic Tuesday, I was hoping to get a bit meta and get some feedback on our in-person AUG meetings. Why did you start coming out to AUG meetings? What do you hope to get out of our meetings?
Personally, I started coming to AUG meetings a couple years ago to meet others in the local community and learn a lot more about the Atlassian ecosystem. The meetings were really helpful in advancing my knowledge and career, for sure.
Now as an AUG leader, I hope to share the things I've learned with AUG newcomers and regulars alike!
For me, to be completely honest, I was looking to see what job opportunities existed to build my career on the Atlassian ecosystem. I was working at a company where I was responsible for managing the Atlassian stack as a "side job" to my primary duties, and the company did not see the value in a dedicated Atlassian role. I felt like this was strange and wanted to know how other organizations viewed this role, and what scope of work I may be missing out on without giving it my full attention.
While the AUG did not personally lead to a new job for myself, it did open my eyes to new ways of thinking, new ideas for better working cultures, and taught me a lot about best practices for how to build my career and hone my skills.
Today, networking and best practice techniques are what I take away the most, and as an AUG leader, my mission is to share my experiences with anyone who shows an interest.
Great topic Alex!
@Alex Christensen Great topic!
I started coming to the AUGs maybe 5-6 years ago. I wanted to see what others were doing with the product along with what problems they're solving with Atlassian tools. I kept returning because of the rich conversation you can have with other users (new and expert). I found there are infinite ways to complete a task, deployment, or configure the tool.
The AUG events are something that I have come to really appreciate simply due to the feedback other can give you and the fact you always learn something at an event.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.