We are using Sourcetree at the company and we have a very old version .. like 1.6 or something. It is really slow.
On the Atlassian Summit Europe 2018 in Barcelona I met someone from Sourcetree and he told me that the speed-issues have been mainly solved with the newer versions. So I tried it out just now with my private PC.
Oh my god - that new version 2.6.10 is so unbelievably buggy it feels like a very early alpha. Are you kidding me, who decided to release that??
Also I can't use the software anymore if I don't have an Atlassian account with which I log in during the installation process? Are. You. Kidding. Me?
Ok, Sourcetree is dead for me for now. I'll be using the version control from IntelliJ IDEA - that works perfectly and blazingly fast.
The sad thing is that I got a really good impression of Atlassian on the summit and I was hyped. But my Sourcetree experience is not helping here ...
I mean what is the strategy behind these moves? Why only with login?
Why is the software so unbelievably buggy?
Any answers from Atlassian, please?