How do i push to Amazon Elastic Beanstalk from SourceTree?
Ok, solved it with a Custom Action. Thanks for your help!
In case anyone wants to do the same thing, what I created was a Custom Action, which runs the script: /usr/bin/git with parameters aws.push.
In SourceTree, "push" has a very specific meaning regarding an operation with the Git or Mercurial versioning systems. Amazon Elastic Beanstalk does not appear to be a versioning system, so I'm not sure what you are trying to do.
I'm sorry, I should have been more descriptive of what I wanted to do.
When you are using Amazon Elastic Beanstalk, and you want to deploy a new version of your code to a server, you "push" it with git using a special command:
git aws.push
This is quite similar to Heroku, and what I intended was to find a way to either: see the remote repository inside the beanstalk from sourcetree, or to just be able to run that command (or its equivalent) within sourcetree and have it deploy my code.
I've seen something similar to this achieved with heroku: https://devcenter.heroku.com/articles/multiple-environments
Is there any way to do this with beanstalk?
Thanks for your time
I don't think SourceTree supports either of these directly, since they require extensions to git (aws.push isn't a built-in git command). However, you should be able to get what you want pretty easily with custom actions.
In Windows, these can be set up in Tools > Options. For Mac, the tab is in Preferences.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.