I hope that subject line isn't confusing. 
I am using Sourcetree and am pretty familiar with Git having used it via Bash for several years now. In Sourcetree if I take the repository URL that is hosted in Bitbucket which looks like:
git@bitbucket.org:team/repository.git
Then select Clone, add in the URL, choose Advanced Options and select Recurse Submodules - this will clone successfully.
If instead I add a Remote Account (which Sourcetree tells me makes cloning even easier (!)), search for my repository and then select Clone, it will clone the supermodule, but fail on the submodule with the error "fatal: error in sideband demultiplexer"
Which I have no idea what it means.
My Sourcetree settings are:
SSH Key is loaded via SSH Client PuTTY/Plink. This loads automatically and I enter my passkey and I can see it in the taskbar process. My public key is added to Bitbucket. I am on Sourcetree version 2.6.10.0 and Authenticaion is set to:
- Hosting Service - Bitbucket
- Protocol: SSH
- Auth: OAuth
- Username: iansmithers
- With Authentication: OK showing and a green tick.
I've spent a few hours trying to figure out what this may be, and have cloned several submodule enabled repositories to see if it is isolated, but it isn't. It happens on them all - only when selecting 'Clone' from the Remote repositories screen. If I manually paste the clone URL in it works fine. Very confused.