Hey there,
I am implementing CI with the help of Bamboo in my company and got some fundamental problem understanding how I would set up a deployment process with Bamboo's deployment-projects.
Right now we are working with GitFlow: So, for each feature/bug we create a branch and later on merge them into an development branch after code reviews were done.
We are primarly using C# projects where the version number has to be known during compile-time (in AssemblyInfo.cs).
So, right now with each Merge into development a build is triggered which creates some version-number that is fixed in the code. If I want to use a deployment project now and set the release-version there, it won't make any sense because it is already hardcoded in my build-artifact.
Is there any advice or tutorial on how to do this in a proper way?
Currently we create a release-branch for each planned release. In this release planch we set the planned version number (i.e. 1.2.3). What I want to achieve is that the version number is set during the deployment process.