Hi everyone!
My name is Cassie and I'm a part of the Atlassian Community team, now focusing on the brand new Trello Events program and ramping up our global volunteer leaders.
@Community Manager recently shared how Trello users are meeting IRL at Trello Events, so I figured I'd go ahead and introduce myself and let you know what we're looking for in a volunteer leader. There's actually a real human who'll be your cheerleader and support you along the way, that's me!
Like many of you, I tell anyone who will listen to me about Trello and use it at home and work. One thing I love about onboarding new Trello leaders is sharing the same passion for a tool and wanting to scream it from the rooftops, hence our volunteers wanting to lead Trello Events in their prospective cities.
Enough about me, let's get to what we're looking for in a volunteer leader:
- Planner: You'll be responsible for planning at least three events a year. Don't worry, we'll give you lots of resources, including swag and reimbursements, to support you.
- Promoter: You'll be in charge of promoting your event in your community. The Community Team will help promote brand new user group cities to ensure your success.
- Cheerleader: Listen to your community members. Take their feedback and motivate people to present on relevant tips & tricks and best practices. Don't forget to have fun!
- Someone who lives and breathes Trello. Okay, not really, but you gotta love the tool.
If you love meeting new people, sharing ideas and workflows, and hosting a meet-up, please reach out to me at cmayes@atlassian.com
Hope to talk to some of you soon!
Cheers,
Cassie