Pavel Pavlovsky is Product Manager of a Smart Checklist add-on for Jira at Railsware company Creator of Easy Templates for Jira. Read on to learn about how he uses Zapier to connect his Trello boards with services that "power-up" his workflow!
What purpose do Trello and Zapier serve in your workflow?
I needed a way to get reminders and regular process set up for me automatically. As I was pretty familiar with Zapier I did the setup pretty long time ago, before Trello Card Repeater has been published.
Also, I was at first limited by the Trello free version. This is because I was only allowed one power-up...and I had already used the Calendar power-up!
Describe how Zapier currently affects your workflow
So, first, my zap creates a set of cards in specific Trello board. On that board, I have specific checklist items that are categorized by schedule. Once those zaps happen, an email notification goes out to me and my wife.


Then go to “ToDo”, “In Progress”, “Done” - E.g. Tasks:
Monthly Rent payment $yyyy-mm$
- Electricity
- Rent
- Administrative fee
- Internet
- Garage
Monthly Education payments $yyyy-mm$
- School lunch
- School pool
- School trips
- Dance lessons
- Vocal
- Piano
- Architecture
Monthly Web Services $yyyy-mm$
Other Services $yyyy-mm$
Yearly Insurance $yyyy-mm$
Yearly Tax Reports $yyyy-mm$

What kind of problems does Trello solve for you?
Trello helps with the tracking of regular and recurring activities, passing through states and to make sure that they reach the “Done” column.
What other Zapier Zaps or Trello power-ups do you like?
Below are some Zap use cases that I use in my professional life on a daily basis
Zapier Zaps
- New Typeform survey submission notification to Slack for products
- Smart Checklist
- Airtable Importer
- New Review of Atlassian Marketplace products notification to Slack
- New support ticket on Atlassian Bitbucket notification to Slack
- New Answer on Atlassian Q&A forum notification to Slack
- Creation of Atlassian Jira issue of certain type notification to Slack
Trello Power-ups
Thanks, Pavel!