Just migrated my code from svn to git.
Committed and pushed the latest svn revision (clean start in git). It's around 2k files with a total size of about 20mb.
After push, i tried to see the log / history tab, but sourcetree hangs, and the memory skyrockets (i kill it in 2gb).
Same happens with every repository i migrated.
I'm using the latest version 1.6.10.0
p.s i tried to file a bug in sourcetree support but the page doesn't work for me
i just tried to leave it without killing it to see the outcome:
After about 1-2 min the memory decreases, and the view is working.
Then i created a branch... and the waiting / memory / hang started all over again. After 1 min the view started working and te memory decreased.
CPU for the sourcetree process is at a constant 20% while hanging
this is only happening in versions
1.6.11
1.6.10
1.6.9
Downgraded to 1.6.8 and the issue is gone. So i guess it has something to do with the new tree view!
I've experienced the same issue when doing an initial commit of 2k-3k files. I have to kill source tree when the memory usage hits around 4gb. As a workaround, With SourceTree closed, I create a change in a single file for this repository. On opening SourceTree the initial view shows the uncommitted changes (only 1 file) and the program is usable again. I dare not click on that initial commit again though.
I seem to have the same problem. I downgraded to 1.6.8 as well and indeed the problem is gone. Thx for the tip.
We are having the same problem too, with v1.6.11. The downgrade to 1.6.8 also fixed the problem here. Thanks.
Same problem here. Anyone know where I can download 1.6.8?
EDIT : Found it http://downloads.atlassian.com/software/sourcetree/windows/SourceTreeSetup_1.6.8.exe
Atlassian, can we have a more permanent solution please?
Apparently it got fixed in 1.6.13: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREEWIN-2572
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.