Sorry if this has been addressed already. I cannot find anything on it. I have to be missing something.
I know this link exists for checklists but others suggest breaking out checklists to separate cards which is very applicable at times. Then you lose the ability to assign?
https://help.trello.com/article/942-assigning-people-and-due-dates-to-specific-checklist-items
Pretty straight forward use case I assume. How to assign cards (used as to do's or tasks) to a person. (I am not using teams in this case). I also wish to set a priority so I can filter my tasks (cards) across all boards and see a prioritized list by due dates. Even better if I can link cards via dependencies.
Use case 1. Most ideal situation with dependencies, but simply assigning a card to a member seems most key to the fundamentals of the tool?
Bob, Dave, Jan are working on a project to build a gizmo for the company. A board for Gizmo is created. Bob, Dave and Jan are members and can see the cards.
Bob, Dave and Jan are all working on defining Gizmo. A card to define Gizmo is created.
Bob offers to first talk to leadership about their vision and provide updates. Define Gizmo card is assigned to Bob. Due date set in 3 days.
Another card is created and assigned to Dave to setup a small project kick off meeting. It cannot start until Bob completes his card.
Dave gets a notification that his card activated when Bob's card closes with a link to Bob's notes or simply has those notes dumped into his card.
Another card was created and assigned to Jan who needs to create the requirements for a Gizmo but cannot until Bob and Dave are done.
I am trying to understand if used as a collaboration tool, wouldn't it already have something like this? I am terribly sorry if I have missed something but searches in community and testing ideas have yielded no results.