I have just installed SourceTree on windows and tried to clone my repository from Bitbucket or any git hosting site at all (tried GitLab and GitHub). When trying to clone from GitHub, I get through the windows where you put the URL and path just fine, but then hangs on the cloning process with the following output:
git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false clone --recursive git@github.com:paxy97/WebPhoto.git C:\Users\Pavle\dev\WebPhoto
Cloning into 'C:\Users\Pavle\dev\WebPhoto'...
warning: templates not found C:\Program Files\Git\share\git-core\templates
The server's host key is not cached in the registry. You
have no guarantee that the server is the computer you
think it is.
The server's rsa2 key fingerprint is:
ssh-rsa 2048 16:27:ac:a5:76:28:2d:36:63:1b:56:4d:eb:df:a6:48
If you trust this host, enter "y" to add the key to
PuTTY's cache and carry on connecting.
If you want to carry on connecting just once, without
adding the key to the cache, enter "n".
If you do not trust this host, press Return to abandon the
connection.
Now, I do understand that PuTTY is waiting for confirmation, just like OpenSSH on Linux (which I usually use and have experience with), but it's not a terminal window, just an output log. I have no idea how to accept the servers public key to get a secure connection, but I guess it should accept it by default.
When trying to clone from Bitbucket or GitLab I can't even get past the clone info window, it just loads the repo info forever. My guess is that it's the same problem, only it manages to get the repo info from GitHub through HTTP.
I wanted to add the public server keys manually, but I can't find the known_hosts file anywhere, maybe PuTTY doesn't even use that format and if no, is there a way to add the keys manually somewhere?
Also, yes I generated private keys and added them to the ssh-daemon (the one embedded in SourceTree) and added the public keys to each of my accounts. And when trying to use the same private keys from the Windows Git bash to clone repos, it works just fine (after adding them to the OpenSSH agent).