I understand it's currently not possible to create sublists, but it would be useful to use line breaks to achieve a similar effect. It would also be useful to create a "subtitle" effect for card titles. Does anyone know how to achieve this?
Hey David
It's actually not possible to create line breaks in a card title. Check out the "How To Format Your Text In Trello" to see all of the markdown formats and where they're possible.
Thanks Matthew.
Card titles are less of an issue for me but it would be nice to have this for lists, or even better, get sublists supported.
Disappointed
Same. Every day I wish I could use line breaks
An easy way to achieve the look of line breaks is to insert a bunch of periods at the end of each line, forcing the following word to appear on the next line.
You can use []() in a seperate line.
ex.
This a line.
[]()
This is second line
Brilliant.
It has been a good few years since this was posted; has this every been resolved to get line breaks in Trello Card titles?
Since I cannot find anything here on the community boards or online I am guessing not.
Any further insights or update very much appreciated.
Thanks in advance
@Tushar Kashyap
Could you clarify your statement "You can use []() in a separate line" as this is the very problem I have but do not understand how your proposal works.
Could you give a screenshot as when I try implementing square brackets [] and / or any combination with parenthesis () it does nothing,
@Zachary Zimmerlin
Did you get this to work; is so, how? could you also show a screenshot of how it worked as I struggled to make it work?
Many thanks in advance.
David
it seems like many times you ask to do something basic in Trello the answer is "no you can't do that." I love Trello but that is very frustrating.
Success!
I use method #2 on this page
https://emptycharacter.com/
Clic your cursor into the empty box.
A liitle blinking white character will now be kind of purple because you select it.
Copy,
and paste as many as you need to create your line break in your title.
Talam! 🤩
For your convenience,
Here is the character I copied on this next line on the first character:
The character is above this line! Double clic and copy it!
Best!
Hello everyone,
Thank you for your responses, unfortunately none of these solutions is clean.
I'm bringing up this topic again, dear administrators, I think this would be a very welcome improvement! 😁
Thank you in advance for considering this!
Mike
Can get them working in Titles.
How? Hopefully not by using a series of spaces or periods.
thanks
I cannot believe 6 years later and you still cannot use line breaks in a card title... And that there is no Power-Up support that can do the same (without a bunch of other non-necessary features included)
What a functional but LUDICROUS hoop to jump through for the simplest function in a Title Card.
I so agree with you, Seth! I can't believe that there is still no simple solution for this. Sigh...!
I cannot get this method to work either.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.