I have remote repositories enabled. I can see what I have on Github, but when I try to create a repository this is the error I get "Sourcetree was unable to create the remote repository".
I am using OAuth authentication, with protocol HTTPS, and I have my github username set as the default account for github. I also tried re-authenticating twice:
Authentication Successful
SourceTree has been successfully authenticated. You may now close this page.
However, this somehow crashed source tree. then EVERYTHING I did since installing SourceTree was undone and had to start all over again *grumbles* oh, but worse! After I'd give it my password it would do nothing! SO I had to delete my username and start from the very very beginning!
*sigh* Anyway, I got everything set up again, switched it back to OAuth, and refreshed OAuth token yet again, and it says that authentication is OK , I set it to default again, and once again tried to create a repository...
"Sourcetree was unable to create the remote repository"
I made sure there were no spaces in the name, I made sure it's created as private, I added a description, but nothing works.
Oh, and I configured SSH in Gitbash, and added my public key id_rsa with OpenSSH. I also tried updating the embedded GIT, and switching between embedded GIT and system GIT.
I'm really starting to hate SourceTree, and I haven't even had a chance to use it yet...
Note: I am forced to use Version 2.4.8.0, because all later versions require a version of .NET that my computer will never support.
EDIT: I made some progress on my own, but now it creates the repository, then says "Failed to clone repository" and it happens no matter what I name it.
fatal: destination path 'C:\Users\Elliander\Documents\repos\01_BuildingEscape' already exists and is not an empty directory.
This is a weird error to get, because I want it to upload the directory to github, not create an empty folder and then overwrite my work.
EDIT 2: For this last issue, the problem seemed to have been caused by creating the directory first. For the version I have to use it seems that I have to create the repository with an empty folder first, then move the contents back into it, and then it will work as I need it to