I tried installing SourceTree, but it said I needed to install .Net 4.7.2 - and, unfortunately, that isn't possible. When I try installing it on my Windows 10 machine, it says:
"The .NET Framework 4.7.2 is not supported on this operating system."
and, unfortunately, I cannot update to a version of Windows 10 that would support it because I had to outright destroy my computer's ability to update windows because the forced updates were disrupting work too frequently. In other words, I do not have and will never have the Windows 10 Anniversary update. (Oddly, I can install this on Windows 7 SP1, but not on this newer OS. Go figure...)
I see here that you used to run with .Net 4.5 though:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Sourcetree-questions/SourceTree-without-Net-4-5/qaq-p/22929
and the latest version I have installed appears to be 4.6.01038
So, which is the latest supported version that I can install and run? (I think it's weird, btw, that you switched to a version of .NET that cannot even be run by most computers)
and, of course, what features are lost by being forced to go with that old version?