Hi,
I'm a beginner to Bamboo, so I may missed something. But from what I found, it is not possible to deploy to more than one server per environment, right ?
How my deployment looks like :
- run a couple command via ssh on a linux box
- scp some files into that box
- run some more commands using ssh
the commands, username, sshkey, ... are the same on all of my nine servers, the only think I have to change is the hostname. Do I really have to create 9 "environments" ?
If yes, why is it called "environment" ? should be called "server", it would lead to less confusion, I mean for me, an environment should is like Production, Test, Acceptance, ... and each environment should be able to contain multiple servers.
Giving that, how can I handle deployment to multiple servers without having to maintain 9 different set of tasks (because, yes, the ssh commands I set in my tasks WILL change)
I guess I'm not the only one with such an use case, any advice ?
PS. I've tried with the REST API but unfortunately it is not possible to set a variable on a deploy plan, only on a build plan, see https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bamboo-questions/How-to-send-environment-variables-to-bamboo-deployment-REST-API/qaq-p/726013