I am trying to install Sourcetree on a Windows 10 machine. But I am not able to proceed beyond the point where I need to specify RootURL: I have tried different formats of URL but I keep getting the following error:
Invalid URI: Host name could not be parsed.
I various URLs including this: https://abibcode@bitbucket.org/abibcode/
I will appreciate if someone can help me out.
Thank you.
I found an alternative. I used Atlassian account to login. Thank you.
Glad you figured that out!
Have a nice day
Ana
i am getting nowhere. i have a bitbucket account, i can log in and see files. i install Atlassian, i go to Remote>Add an account...i get 3 options, Bitbucket, Bitbucket Server, GitHub. i have a bitbucket account. i try to log in to Atlassian using bitbucket credentials., i get: Invalid URI: Host name could not be parsed. what do i do? if i use Atlassian account, how? i used to log into Atlassian but how would i do it now on this fresh install? it never asks me to Log In to Atlassian, neither does it allow me to choose Atlassian. i loathe using Atlassian, used to always freeze on me. anyone recommend a good set of instructions?
That is incredibly hard to read as a rambling stream of consciousness, could you at least attempt to punctuate and structure your text next time?
>i have a bitbucket account, i can log in and see files.
Log into what? Your installed server or the Cloud? A lot of the rest of your questions depend on us knowing that.
>i install Atlassian,
Atlassian is an organisation, not software. What application have you installed?
I had 15 minutes of material go missing from this post, adding it back quickly - I am trying to Clone a Repo:It shows that the repo type is a Git Repository. When I press Clone, it goes quickly back to my main tab where Working Copy shows no files, in fact no files show anywhere. Then when I try a Pull - I then get an error:I simply want to open SourceTree, Clone a Repo, bring files down to my local from remote, edit files locally, then Stage and Commit files to remote. Can you help me with this? Thank you!
I believe I needed to do a Fetch, just tried that:And got this msg:Now, Working Copy is still blank; but REMOTES has "origin" but it shows no files.
So, I did this: Tools>Options>Git>and tried Embedded, updating Embedded - to no avail. Chose System, and that msg at least shows something better - yet my origin is still blank:
But again, origins is blank. Does anyone there have a set of working instructions?
SOLVED. adding to the complexity of all this is the fact that i log into Bitbucket with an email address which then resolves to an ID; then there are 2 repos in the account with the same name, and each is associated with its unique ID. not that a poorly constructed Bitbucket account should be part of anyone's instructions, but it's something else to think about when troubleshooting. i managed to get through it. once i knew which id was associated with the correct repo, it cloned down to my local box. thanks for being there ;}.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.