Sourcetree is now forcing a login to atlassian however we use jira/confluence etc. via an okta integration.
How can I login to sourcetree?
Hi Chris, welcome to the Community
As you said, you need to have an Atlassian account to register Sourcetree upon installation. If you have a Bitbucket account, that means you already have an Atlassian account (they share the same credentials). If you don't you can create your Atlassian account via My Atlassian.
Let us know if this helps!
Best regards,
Ana
I can only access our atlassian products from our okta login. Ie. I log into okta, and then I can go to jira/confluence. However sourcetree is not an okta application I can access so how do I access sourcetree when I can only login to my atlassian account with okta?
The same issue here! I created an App Password but no success yet. Any advice?
We are facing similar problem. It just shows the repositories when I add a bitbucket account to SourceTree via Okta credentials.
Any update on this??
Anyone find a solution yet?
Finally I started using SSH method to login to sourcetree. Quite frustrating to see such issue exists.
Unfortunately Atlassian is not interested in fixing this issue. Did you try logging in through SSH key? I did the same and it works perfectly fine.
You can use this https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucket/app-passwords-828781300.html to create an app password for source tree. My users had had the issue and we bypassed it by creating app password. In fact, not every single app supports OKTA's sso.
I agree. Though I am starting to see this as a SourceTree Issue. I.e. Sourcetree should support Okta, and if it did, that should alleviate the issue here. Or at least that would point the issue back at Atlassian, if their API's don't support 3rd party Okta logins. (but I assume they do)
I used this, but for some reason, every week(ish) the app passwords are changed, and source tree loses access again, and I have to generate another pass key. (trying the SSH key next)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.