I'm using Sourcetree for Windows 2.6.10. I connected Sourcetree to my Bitbucket account via OAuth. The connection is made and I can see my repositories. However, when I try to clone one, I get the following error:
Command: git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false --no-optional-locks ls-remote https://SRizeaDRT@bitbucket.org/deepreachtechnology/matlab-air-lift-code.gitOutput:Error: fatal: TaskCanceledException encountered.A task was canceled.remote: Invalid username or password. If your organization manages your account or you've enabled two-step verification, create an app password to log in: https://confluence.atlassian.com/x/9DJmMQfatal: Authentication failed for 'https://SRizeaDRT@bitbucket.org/deepreachtechnology/matlab-air-lift-code.git/'
Might this have something to do with the fact that I now need to log into Bitbucket with my email instead of my username? It may be coincidental, but Sourcetree lost the ability to communicate with my Bitbucket repositories the same day that the Bitbucket web page told me I could no longer log in with a username.
I managed to fix the problem. A complete uninstall of Sourcetree (via the directions here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Sourcetree-questions/How-do-I-fully-remove-SourceTree-so-that-I-can-do-a-quot-fresh/qaq-p/605355) and reinstallation worked.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.