I have SourceTree 1.5.2.0 installed on my Windows 7 system. My git version is 1.9.4.msysgit.0.
I also have cygwin installed on my system and it has a git.exe of its own, but both my Windows path and my cygwin path (as set up with .bashrc) find the msysgit version first. It is located in C:\Git\cmd\git.exe.
If I attempt to clone a valid repository, I get an error: This is not a valid source path / URL
The Details... button shows: Unknown option: -c usage: git <more>
-c is a valid option on the msysgit version but not on the cygwin version.
If I bring up the terminal from SourceTree then git --version produces: git version 1.5.6.4. This is the version of the cygwin version, not the msysgit version which is what I want.
If in SourceTree I go to Tools -> Options and then click on the Git tab, the System Git Version is reported as 1.5.6.4 (consistent at least, but still not what I want). The Use System Git button, which presumably would let me set the version, is grayed out, so I cannot click on it.
In C:\Program Files (x86)\Atlassian\SourceTree\SourceTree.exe.config (which looks like an xml file but does not have an .xml extension) I find the following entries, among many others:
<setting name="GitSystemPath" serializeAs="String">
<value />
</setting>
<setting name="GitWhichOne" serializeAs="String">
<value>-1</value>
</setting>
Are these correct?
What do I have to do to get SourceTree to use my git in c:\Git\cmd\git.exe ?