Bamboo version 6.4.0 build 60404 - 17 Feb 18
I am having trouble understanding how the Docker Runner is supposed to work: namely, how is it supposed to get the image that it uses?
I can create an earlier stage with a job having a Docker pull task that runs in the agent environment, but I have no guarantee that it will run on the same agent/host.
Likewise, I can create a job in the same stage with the Docker pull task, but that could also run in parallel and/or on another host.
I tried adding a Docker pull task to a job that runs in Docker Runner, thinking that maybe this would be a bit of awkward magic that would run the pull in the agent environment and then run the other tasks in the Docker Runner.
The best I can figure out is that this feature is intended to be used where a local set of images will be downloaded & maintained by the Bamboo/system admins, outside of Bamboo itself.