At my CentOS server, I managed to install and setup the required files following the guide on https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamboo/running-bamboo-as-a-linux-service-416056046.html
When logged in as root I tried to start the bamboo service located in /etc/init.d/ with running the command ./bamboo start
I get the following output:
root@server [/etc/init.d]# ./bamboo start -fg
Starting bamboo
Bamboo Server Edition
Version : 5.9.10
Detecting JVM PermGen support...
PermGen switch is supported. Setting to 256m
If you encounter issues starting or stopping Bamboo Server, please see the Troubleshooting guide at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO/Installing+and+upgrading+Bamboo
Using CATALINA_BASE: /opt/atlassian/bamboo/current
Using CATALINA_HOME: /opt/atlassian/bamboo/current
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /opt/atlassian/bamboo/current/temp
Using JRE_HOME: /usr/local/jdk
Using CLASSPATH: /opt/atlassian/bamboo/current/bin/bootstrap.jar:/opt/atlassian/bamboo/current/bin/tomcat-juli.jar
Tomcat started.
root@server [/etc/init.d]#
Possibly this has got to do with the wrong JRE home, since this directory does not exist. In the logs of catalina.out i find the error:
/opt/atlassian/bamboo/current/bin/catalina.sh: line 385: /usr/local/jdk/bin/java: No such file or directory
Just for the sake of sanity I went looking at the running services using the ps command, it does not show anything about bamboo.
Could you help me out with this issue?
Besides of this, I am also wondering, once I have my service running, how to connect this server to my account on https://************.atlassian.net ?