Hi,
I have connected Crowd with Azure AD (AAD) without any problem. But when It came to authenticating Azure AD Users againt Atlassian products (Mainly Jira, Confluence & Bitbucket) we are having some trouble. First I cannot give users access to Jira or Confluence and I cannot create local groups or use groups to assign permissions to users.
We have gone through some documentation and I have some questions:
- Is it possible to authenticate AAD users against Atlassian Products without any other third party plugin? if YES HOW? if NO what is the benefit from connecting AAD to crowd without being able to delegate authentication to AAD?
- I have seen that Microsoft have a free add-on for Jira (link here). If the answer to the first question is NO, do you think it is a viable alternative to use this plugin with Jira and then connect other Atlassian Products to Jira without using Crowd.
PS: I'm using crowd 3.2.1 and I will upgrade to the latest version because we are facing a bug (link)
thank you