hello Comunity,
There is a topic that is getting stronger amoung us, that is RATE_LIMIT_EXCEEDED error by trello.
I know, the first question to answer is: "what are you doing with trello that you need more request?".
A: Into my business model, I must delegate some task to my board members and, I need to do that between 8am to 14pm, where we must build some cards with a given format (description -> add member -> add checklist -> add N items to that checklist)
Currently, we are using Ruby and, on top of that is: ruby-trello gem (https://github.com/jeremytregunna/ruby-trello).
The main question here is: How you guys deals with this error when it occours? How to we prevent this to happend?
From now we have a "pre-request" to confirm if we have request left, if there isn't any, we sleep the thread for a while before try again. We know that this, if fact, is duplicating our normal rate but, it helps (or thats what I think).
https://developers.trello.com/docs/rate-limits
So, I override the base builder of the gem to ask for the: "x-rate-limit-api-token-remaining". Then, I sleep the thread for 5 sec before try again. The limit that Im asking for is something like: "is api token limit < 50 then sleep" and, even with that this error still happend!
I can strees this from different ways but, it doesn't show a pattern, not even a clue of why it falls. just... randomly falls... and, in all cases, the same error appears :
{"error":"RATE_LIMIT_EXCEEDED","message":"Exceeded rate limit to /1/member"}
Maybe at this point you may ask: "but it seems to be your user", but it falls even if I try with different developer's users.
I just need from you guys a little help on how to deal with it, every idea helps.
Thanks!