As summer continues, and we all have the opportunity to explore and have some outdoor fun in our wonderful city, what would you consider to be the top 3 things you enjoy doing outside around San Diego?
Who can beat San Diego at summer time. So many great things to explore including:
1) The San Diego Zoo
2) San Diego Botanical Garden
3) La Jolla Cove
What are your favorite places?
I love all those places @Mark Livingstone (San Diego)! My other faves are Balboa Park and any beach by Torrey Pines. So beautiful.
Too many to list them all, but you asked for 3..
1. Volleyball at Balboa Park
2. Hiking (anywhere and everywhere)
3. San Diego Zoo
Paddle Boarding and Yoga on Paddle Boards but only in the bay - not ocean ready yet:)
How fun! Great exercise and a great way to enjoy the outdoors.
Wow @Marcia Biggar, so impressed! I can paddleboard, but cannot imagine being balanced enough to also do yoga- bay or ocean!
1) Swimming at La Jolla Cove ... I saw a sea turtle yesterday. How can you beat that?
2) Spectating from the terrace at the Torrey Pines Gliderport.
3) Biking down the Silver Strand.
Can't beat San Diego..so much fun stuff to do!
1) Surf, because it is San Diego.
2) Early morning hike up Iron mountain.
3) Bouldering around Mt. Woodson.
Wow, I'm in awe about seeing a sea turtle! Also, Gliderport is one of my favorite places. I'm seriously missing San Diego with all these amazing responses.
These sound amazing, @Joshua Platt! Where do you surf? I learned and used to surf in Leucadia...waaaay back when.
YES! YES and YES!
I love that you mentioned the Botanical Garden! Such a hidden gem
@Celina ZamoraThere is a little secret spot in Solana. Not the best waves, but also never crowded.
I too am impressed! I can paddleboard but cannot yoga even on land haha
I am going to plan to explore with my girls - how did I attend UCSD all those years ago with never visiting Gliderport!?!
For summer it's body surfing, SUP, & cruising the coast hwy.
Wait, I need to know this spot for my next visit
Sounds amazing, @Benjamin Zaczek!
Thanks for sharing, @Mark V!
@Celina Zamorayou should petition for the next US Summit to be in San Diego You can use this thread as a nice "hey this place would be cool" starter pack.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.