Recently I've been more active in community and I started to notice that many new questions have already been answered in previous threads.
I think you have noticed the same (but tell me if that is not the case ;-) )
Since I'm a big fan of KCS and always looking for new ways to improve and optimize everything I do, I had to act on it.
What did I start doing?
I always try to include a direct answer to the question and a link to some Atlassian documentation (maybe an article from https://confluence.atlassian.com or a feature request or bug from https://jira.atlassian.com).
What is new is that when I see a recurring question, I now also add:
- a tag
- a link to the previous threads with the same tag. I found that the sorting by "views" is the one that shows the threads that are more relevant at the top.
By doing this, I think that I'm helping our community by sharing the most active discussions on the same topic (it is unlikely my reply will contain all the details previously shared) and also let new users join the conversation on the existing threads.
Some examples
Here are two tags that I've created and used:
- https://community.atlassian.com/t5/tag/2gb-repository-limit/tg-p?sort=views
- https://community.atlassian.com/t5/tag/bitbucket-cloud-backup/tg-p?sort=views
Add you comment below to let us know what you think about this, would this work for you and help to build an even better community?
And which tags would you like to use?
Cheers,
Caterina