I am able to reset the password, but it doesn't look like anything is happening. I use the recently reset password and that is still doesn't work.
Hi Elisa,
We will be happy to help you regain admin access to Crowd. Please verify you are logging into the Crowd console and not another application which uses Crowd to manage users.
Please let us know more about the steps you took to reset the admin password for Crowd. Did you follow Restoring Passwords To Recover Admin User Rights, for example, or did you change it another way?
Please let us know any error message you see in the browser when you log in.
Please check what error message is thrown in the <crowd-home>/logs/atlassian-crowd.log when the login fails. (Crowd Home is specified in the following file: <crowd_install_directory>/crowd-webapp/WEB-INF/classes/crowd-init.properties)
Thanks,
Ann
I am getting the attached error message.
I follow the steps on the login page of the portal, to request a password reset link, got the email and follow the link there to change the password.
I also checked the crowd-init-properties file, and that does not have any errors. That just shows the path to the home directory.
Thanks for posting the screen shot. Based on the error message, I recommend checking for the two causes listed in this article: Connection to authentication server failed message when logging into Crowd after changing servers
As mentioned in cause 2 in the article, if you did not change the Crowd URL then the http timeout could be causing that error. Please see: Can't login into Crowd due to "Connection to authentication server failed"
Hi Elisa, I meant to ask you to check the <crowd-home>/logs/atlassian-crowd.log for errors, and only mentioned the crowd-init-properties file in case you had trouble locating the Crowd Home directory.
Thank yo for the suggested articles
I am getting the same error message as on the second article. I have modified the crowd.properties file and increased the time out to 90000 from 60000. I just rebooted the server, but I am still unable to login to the portal.
I am sorry to hear that. Please do check for errors in the <crowd-home>/logs/atlassian-crowd.log and let us know what you see. Please post the crowd.properties file, redacting any info you don't want to share publicly.
A few more quick questions:
I got an confirmation to recover the password, but I never got the mail with the link. What do i do?
Thanks!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.