We currently have a FeCru (v3.3.1) in a linux VM with an Oracle database - this is the live instance.
We also have JIRA on 6.1.1 and Bitbucket 5.7
I need to enable application links between Bitbucket and JIRA and have tested this successfully by creating a JIRA staging, importing the data from a live backup and upgrading through v6.4, v7.0 and then v7.10.
However, I need to get FeCru up to v4.4 so that it can continue to integrate with JIRA.
I have created a Windows VM for FeCru to sit on but earliest version that will install on Windows is 3.4. How can I use the current live FeCru on v3.3.1 as a source to create a viable staging system running Windows, FeCru v3.4 and SQL as an external DB?
I have a db backup of the v3.3.1 but cannot just import it to v3.4 pointing at an empty SQL database?
If I use the documented migration process, what happens to the live source database on Oracle - will it be deleted?
Any pointers gratefully received!
Thanks.