Hello,
Our builds take usually 40 minutes (already using IncrediBuild distributing to 10 machines). Creating installers takes again about 30 minutes, installers are about 2GB large (compressed). Artifacts are even bigger (C++ native Windows software).
We use git-flow and before a pull-request is allowed to be merged it has to pass a build (no tests yet included). "Requires a minimum of <1> successful builds" is enabled in Stash.
Right now I use Jenkins with a refspec to checkout the pull-request branches. How do i configure a refspec in Bamboo? There is no such field anywhere. If I allow all branches to build, then the builds will just queue up. We have ~20 developers pushing several times a day to their branches. Build results become important for integrators only once a developer has created a pull-request and then it needs to have precedence over other builds.
(I spent the last whole week to search here and the internet for solutions/workarouns, but found nothing usefull; only obsolete/incomplete information.)
I would like my team to switch to Bamboo, but this (apart from Stash PR triggers not (yet?) working) is the only issue, which seems to block us.
BTW: Whats the difference between trigger types "Repository triggers..." and "Stash repository triggers..."?
Bamboo version: 5.6.1
Stash version: 3.2.0
JIRA version: 6.2
Best Regards, Mike