SourceTree does not work with required features:
- update from remote branch brakes everytime
- merge is completely awful - it just does not work!
Please, make this project chargeable for EPAM not to use it!
Hello! Could you tell me more details about the problem you're having?
Thanks!
First of all, I a talking about GIT repository.
1. First is about merge request to be handled. I Always(!!) face this issue every my merging from main branch. Merge request, that could be done within 10 minutes always (for the last year) takes at least 2 hours. Here is an example video:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gy1pagsigltw7w7/SourceTree%20merge%20issue%202018-05-28_1520.swf?dl=0
2. As for updating from remote branch - I often (but not always) face an issue, when:
- update from remote branch somehow brakes,
- SourceTree leave all garbage that it createed in place
- this garbage is not showing, but proceeding working with repository could even brake it (I had one moment when I just had an orphaned commit with my required changes, and we know, that SourceTree cannot work with them at all)
- SourceTree could show an actual state of the git repository only after it's restart
- only after several restarts (3 - 5 restarts?), while doing the same things again and again, it becomes available to update GIT branch from the remote branch.
As you could see here, for these two simple steps I spend an hours instead of several minutes. This is completely useless.
You could take a look to SmartGit and you would find, that it does not have this issues completely for this really simple and really useful functionality. I work with my home project only using SmartGit.
I've updated everything I could to the latest version - SourceTree, GIT inside SourceTree especially after face with this issue.
And now I would ask - does one need a git tool when you cannot update and merge??
Hmmm... could you reupload the recording as a mp4 or something that's not Flash? Thanks!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.