My repo settings can be seen in the below screenshot, I am looking for a way to set up GPG signing in Source Tree specifically. I have set it up to work via Git which Sourcetree leverages, but wondered if I am missing something?
For anyone looking for an answer here, there is a fairly simple way around this using the following instructions:
Open Git Bash.
Use the gpg --list-secret-keys --keyid-format LONG command to list GPG keys for which you have both a public and private key. A private key is required for signing commits or tags.
gpg --list-secret-keys --keyid-format LONG
gpg --list-secret-keys --keyid-format LONG
Note: Some GPG installations on Linux may require you to use gpg2 --list-keys --keyid-format LONG to view a list of your existing keys instead. In this case you will also need to configure Git to use gpg2by running git config --global gpg.program gpg2.
gpg2 --list-keys --keyid-format LONG
gpg2
git config --global gpg.program gpg2
From the list of GPG keys, copy the GPG key ID you'd like to use. In this example, the GPG key ID is 3AA5C34371567BD2:
3AA5C34371567BD2
gpg --list-secret-keys --keyid-format LONG /Users/hubot/.gnupg/secring.gpg ------------------------------------ sec 4096R/3AA5C34371567BD2 2016-03-10 [expires: 2017-03-10] uid Hubot ssb 4096R/42B317FD4BA89E7A 2016-03-10
To set your GPG signing key in Git, paste the text below, substituting in the GPG key ID you'd like to use. In this example, the GPG key ID is 3AA5C34371567BD2:
git config --global user.signingkey 3AA5C34371567BD2
To configure your Git client to sign commits by default for a local repository, in Git versions 2.0.0 and above, run git config commit.gpgsign true. To sign all commits by default in any local repository on your computer, run git config --global commit.gpgsign true.
git config commit.gpgsign true
git config --global commit.gpgsign true
To store your GPG key passphrase so you don't have to enter it every time you sign a commit, we recommend using the following tools:
You can also manually configure gpg-agent to save your GPG key passphrase, but this doesn't integrate with Mac OS Keychain like ssh-agent and requires more setup.This method will result in a password prompt for your GPG key when committing via Sourcetree.
HiI'm afraid GPG signing is not directly supported in Sourcetree for Windows currently.Thanks
but why following side exists https://confluence.atlassian.com/sourcetreekb/setup-gpg-to-sign-commits-within-sourcetree-765397791.html where you can configure it ????
@minnsey I see this comment of yours is 5 years old. And still, I don't see the option in Sourcetree in Windows. In our company, gpg has been mandatory & I don't see support in sourcetree. Should I abandon sourcetree?
@minnsey I'm still interested in GPG signing in Sourcetree in Windows. Is there a chance that this makes it back into the roadmap?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.